Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, March 1, 2015

Like the "clapper" on a bell

I am not complaining, just concerned. I know, I am told, that I will have a surgery/procedure on 3/3. It is now 3/1, and I do not know the time of the surgery/procedure, or when I have to be there.

We live an hour or so away from the OSU campus where the surgery/procedure is to be performed. It is difficult to make arrangements since we know nothing. They often, want you to show up early in the morning, like 4 or 5, which means we leave here around 2--3 or 4. And, after the surgery/procedure do I come home or have a brief stay, we had heard it might even be overnight.

So, how do we plan? There is no way.

We thought of getting a motel for Monday and Tuesday, but 3 or  hundred for such a convenience is not warranted, and all accommodations only afford being a bit closer to the hospital, so driving is still needed.

As many know, my wife is a Cancer Survivor, but has AFib. On one occasion recently, I had a surgical procedure performed, while signing in at the desk, they took one look at my wife and wheeled her down to the Emergency Ward. She was there while I was in Surgery. I don't want a recurrence of that. So, I have mixed emotions. I would prefer her being nearby at the hospital, yet, I am concerned about her. We have taken this 50 year journey together, always been close ... so ...

So, the dilemma will exist until tomorrow ..... whenever THEY call, and, if THEY don't call by 2PM, we are to call them .... reassuring, to say the least.

The faint of heart need not read this next paragraph. Since I had my two stents put in, I "vacate" with a certain amount of .... soreness, pain, hurt, etc. And it varied in intensity, and seems to have done so as the days have passed by. Sometimes four of five times an hour, during the day, and about every two hours at night. Now, this morning I do not "voluntarily" vacate. It takes a great deal of "movement" .... shaking, almost akin to the motion of a "clapper" on a small bell. Bottom line, not vacating like I did yesterday, but still ..... reluctantly  .... doing it. I am not sure what this new development signifies. It has raised concern, however.

No point in calling my Columbus Surgeon Doctor with such news, he will say that he will see me on Tuesday, and I should live till then.

So, I sit here, somewhat in pain, of varying intensities,, watching old movies .... now, only "vacate" about every 2 or 3 hours ..... and then, only with a great deal of "movement."

This is not a very good Sunday subject, but it is the one uppermost in our minds, so I am venting via this blog.

And no local doctors will talk with me since my doctor is now my surgeon in Columbus, and, my guess is, with all the snow on the ground, he is out skiing ... but, right now I am comfortable, so will leave it at that ..............