Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, March 2, 2015

3/3/15

I am rather sure that my age has much to do with it, and I gave up golf myself, but, recently I have watched NO golf, read nothing about it, and seem to care even less about it.

I miss Arnie and Jack and Gary and Ben and Sam, now, they were golfers, saw them all at least once in tournaments down in Dayton. Sam Snead, probably my favorite. Have bantered a bit back and forth with him at the practice range, and his swing, grace in motion.

I did have a golf revival with the advent of Tiger. I would watch TV if he was entered. He brought an interest renewal back to the game. Now that he is gone, none of the current "flat bellies" are of any interest to me.

Last night, and please don't make an issue out of this, just the first time I had seen it. I was watching dirt track midget cars racing, slipping and sliding, no fins, just roll bars, almost like I used to watch many years ago. They had a couple of preliminary races, and then the final 50 lap, I think it was. I am not even sure which race it was, or even the track, but, It was a BIG race for the midget cars.

The race was over, the driver got a tremendous ovation, seemed to be very popular, he did his laps, a few spins on the track, drove to the pits and, from the top of  the roll cage, sprang in to the arms of his Father. He was very short and slight, his girlfriend was taller than him .... then, he took his helmet off, and, he was ..... a little person ...... or, a midget. Ironic when you think about it ... Please do not take offense, I just thought it was unique, to say the least.

For those interested, I head to OSU hospital, enter at 5 in the morning, 3/3, and, I just found out, will be admitted and stay over night ...........