Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, February 3, 2015

No surprise to me ..............

Well, anyone who saw, or is even aware of the debacle last Sunday, has to hare my opinion on who controls many sports in this world, they are controlled by the world of Television. I have questioned "integrity" in sports for a long time. I forget how many years ago, I think I was at a game with my son, and noticed a man on the sideline with his arm covered with a red sleeve.

When his arm was raised, play stopped. When he took it down, play resumed. He was the TV guy, received his instructions from the "truck" parked outside the stadium. I have started asking myself, "What would be best for television?" I have been pretty accurate in my predictions. I predicted one year early on in the season, the best game, from the standpoint of TV, in the Super Bowl, which is TV's greatest accomplishment, the best would be Brother Against Brother, the Harbaughs, and that is what happened that year.

I thought,, this year, for a number of reasons, that the Patriots should win the Super Bowl. Possibly Tom's last, tie some records. But then, someone let things get out of hand. With minutes to go, all was well, The Patriots were winning, everyone was happy, and then ..... "What are they doing, they may go down and score, that's not the way it's supposed to be. Call down there, see what's wrong."

Desperation hung heavily in the air .... Vegas was upset, bookies all over the world were upset, TV was besides themselves, this was not supposed to happen. The call went down to the field.

"Do not score!"

Thus, the call. "Pass, but do not catch, let it go through your arms, get intercepted, but do not score."

Close, a bit of controversy, "The dumbest call ever." "Why didn't the QB call an audible?"

The best laid plans, etc., etc, but they do work out in the long run .... that one was close, but, it did prove my theory to the world ............... TV RULES

I picked OSU being the first National Champion, even after their first loss .... they wanted an old perennial powerhouse to win, Notre Dame, Michigan .... but they stood no chance. OSU did, and they won. Oregon, who, where, do they play football ............

When in danger or in doubt, just think, what would TV want .............