Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pretty Flowers


Really digging for something to say on my blog. I am finding the Republican Convention extremely boring. I am beginning to wonder why they even hold it. Does anyone think there will be any surprises in the upcoming Democratic Convention. That six billion going to be spent during this campaign didn't even include the cost of the conventions. What a great waste of funds that could be put to better use. Who actually wins, television.

These flowers were a Mother's Day gift to my wife from our son Brad and his wife Bernie. You can't even see the pot they are in now, and we were originally instructed to transplant them all in the ground. Glad we didn't do that. Not sure what we will do with them this Winter though. They have attracted Hummingbirds and I have thoroughly enjoyed their visits observing them through that window.

Newark High School, our local high school, played their first football game last Friday. Well, after they play their first game, the leaves start to turn color, it gets dark, earlier, it gets colder and it signals that Labor Day is just around the corner. 

Soon we will have Halloween, followed by Thanksgiving, then Christmas, New Years, and shortly after that, we will have Spring, and then start the cycle again.

I am almost 80, when some event happens, I have a tendency to wonder  if I will still be here when it rolls around again. I'm  going to quit thinking that way, they roll around so fast, I know I can do it. Now, putting my sights on 90.