Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, July 20, 2012

What Next?

I must admit I have done very little today, the events of this morning took all the wind out of my sails. I have been walking around all day, not in a state of shock, but similar to that. I think some of that can be attributed too all I have lived through, and each shock seems to be worse than the last.

I vividly remember December 7, 1941, and the shock of that day, it was senseless and cowardly, I was only nine then, but I remember the emotions and the faces of the young college men, who I am sure were aware of the impact that would have on their lives.

The Kennedy and King assassinations. I remember the start of Desert Storm, watching it live on TV, almost to the point where, "the war will start in five minutes." Korea, Viet Nam, 9/11 and all the other events that have entered into our lives. Each a shock.

Those moments cause me to pause and reflect, wonder and speculate, primarily pause, and wonder what is happening in this world, where we have gone wrong, what is causing these incidents, and wondering if there actually is a cause.

What next?