Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Sunday, March 11, 2012

Walmart ...Wonders never cease .............

I just got a call from our local Walmart, in response to an email I had sent to their corporate office. I had a complaint and voiced it to Walmart. Our local store is full of shopping carts loaded with "discount or marked down" merchandise. You can hardly get in the store for all the carts, even in the front entrance way, the last time we were there we could hardly get in the door. I suggested that they call it "The Walmart Discount Barn" instead of just Walmart.

I never expected to hear from them, how many Emails do they get a day?

Ed, one of the assistant managers, called in regards to my complaint. He said the program was working, they were getting rid of a lot of unsold merchandise. I asked him if he shopped at the local Walmart. He admitted that he did not, but did shop at a Walmart nearer his home. I asked if they had carts all over the store with reduced merchandise. He said "No."

Anyway, I got a direct response to my complaint. I was impressed with that. As of now, we will continue to shop at Meijers. We may go back to Walmart, when we can get in the door without fighting through the crowd of people and carts, filled with junk.

I am impressed that I got a response. Now, if they would just put in "Self serve" checkout aisles, we may go back. I really enjoy doing that at Meijers, and it removes any possibility of a cashier taking money out of our debit card and passing it on to a friend, yes, that does happen.

I'm sure the carts will remain cluttering up the nice clean wide aisles, and store management will do what they want, but it is nice to know that one voice was heard. I guess they did get to be NUMBER ONE by listening.