Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Muslim or a Mormon????????

To be, or not to be, that is the question. Do we want a Muslim or a Mormon for President of these United States? What happened to the Catholics or Lutherans or Episcopalians, are even the Southern Baptists? How about the Jewish. Some are perceived being "tight" with money, need that now more than ever.

I have had a quite a few dealings with Mormons, knew many when I lived in Oregon, and attended a Mormon Church out there on occasions. I even started out taking their "lessons" for a few weeks, until I realized that anyone who completed their lessons would become a Mormon, so I stopped. The training those boys get in Salt Lake is second to none. They get you saying YES all the time. "If we show you that this is the TRUE religion, will you join us?" Well, yes, I guess so. I felt like I was being lured into a trap.

"Mind control" often came to mind when I talked with or associated with some "good" Mormons. I think the Mormon Church is guilty of using "mind control" and controlling their members. I thought it was nice that they were big on family. Then I realized that they like to "get them early" and keep them under control.

Who said cult, it didn't come from me? But, there are a few similarities if you look up the definition. Maybe "cult" is a good thing, for all I know, just has a bad reputation.

To get both sides, I looked up the definition of Muslim. "An adherent of Islam is called a Muslim." I must admit I got lost reading the definition. Every other word had to be looked up, so I gave up. I admit I am not sure what a Lutheran or a Baptist is, either. I do think, though, that the Muslims and the Mormons are two of the big boys in the religion area.

I also remember a number of people heading to the "Temple" in Salt Lake when they had any major decisions to make, the Elders assisted them. Many younger adults spent time there determining what their future should hold for them, i.e profession, area of study, etc. Wonder if Mitt spent time there, and politics was his "calling?"

Muslim or a Mormon. are we a great country, or what? It's just not a black and white issue.