Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Trump on NY Upset: Obama 'Just Doesn't Get It'

By Newsmax Wires

Following is a statement that New York businessman Donald Trump released exclusively to Newsmax today regarding Republican Bob Turner’s stunning victory in the special election in the 9th Congressional District Tuesday.

“I must admit that I have done a lot of promotion throughout my career, but my foray into robo-calling this past week on behalf of Bob Turner in the congressional district where I grew up was a unique first experience which I am happy to see helped produce a historic result.

“I was honored when candidate Bob Turner came to meet with me to discuss his campaign this past month. During our meeting in Trump Tower, Bob discussed his pro-growth platform of low taxes, protecting Social Security and Medicare, and his plan to promote small businesses both within his district and nationwide during his term in Congress.

“I was impressed that Bob got 40 percent against an entrenched Anthony Weiner a year ago based on hard work and a clear pro-job growth message. Bob Turner is the kind of guy we need in Congress if we are going to make America great again.

“This time Turner, a successful private businessman, was running against a career politician who could never make it in the private sector and has no idea how jobs are created. I was also pleased that Bob’s message on protecting our national security put a strong emphasis on our relationship with Israel in a predominantly Democratic district that gave Barack Obama 55 percent of the vote in 2008.
“From the time of our meeting, Bob piqued my interest not only in his campaign but the larger message that this race could send to Barack Obama. As I stated in my robo-call, which was primarily played to Democratic households because campaign polls showed I had very high favorable ratings with these folks, “If you don’t like what’s going on in Washington, if you don’t like what’s happening with Israel, because Israel is being treated very badly and very unfairly by the Obama administration, vote for Bob Turner. Trust me, they’ll notice. Electing Bob Turner on Tuesday will be a shot heard ‘round the country.”