Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, September 22, 2011

My birthday on the 30th

The 30th of this month, I will have a birthday, number 79, I am old.

One of the problems of being 78, I found, was when people asked, "How old are you?" my best answer, was often, "high seventies." It is difficult to remember many things at this advanced age, and trying to remember a number is one of the hardest. I often just replied, "Still above ground."

Many people don't make it to 79, perhaps I shouldn't brag, I still have a week or so to go before that day.

I am assuming that ALL of my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren are saying to themselves, "What can I/we get for Dad, Grandfather and Great Grandfather." Quite a dilemma.

Pills would be nice, we spend a fortune on pills each month. I don't need any clothes, I just wear this sweatshirt and a pair of shorts, in the Winter months I wear sweatpants and already have one pair. Dr. Franks Joint and Muscle Pain Relief would be nice, I squirt a lot of that under my tongue, three times a day, and it does seem to help. It cut my Joint and Muscle Pain Relief in half.

I am not incontinent, as of today, so diapers are out of the question. Who wants to hear, "Oh, gosh, diapers, just what I needed."

I don't wear socks much, shoes are hard enough to get on, socks are a real problem. They have long shoe horns and things for shoes, but nothing to help putting on socks, so I just don't wear them much. My feet feel like they have them on all the time anyway, I forget what the Doctor called that.

We have four blood pressure taking machines, two walkers and a porta-pot, and most precious of all, a lot of  good memories to look back on, combined with "Easy Listening" on the TV (listening to that right now), great listening music, 939 on our remote.

So, while I still have some "health" left, and can walk, I saw an ad the other day for an "ElderWheeler," remote four wheeling for the elderly, that's what I want. I wrote to them, the mailman just left, and their brochure should be here today. I don't have much to look forward to in the mail anymore, my Wife gets Direct Deposit on my SS check, so don't have that to look forward to anymore. She still gives me my $20 allowance on the "third," but it's just not the same.

OK, back from the mailbox, envelope from "ElderWheeler," .... I tear open the envelope, a letter thanking me for the inquiry, photograph enclosed ........... anticipation to see the unit .......