Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, July 16, 2011

Part of my daily routine ............

We were sitting out in front talking last night, with some neighbors, mostly about my age, talking about routines, and how we have gotten to the age where we all were today. Each one had his or her own daily routine, certain things they did to start the day, and keep them going through the day.

It got around to me, and I gave them my daily routine.

I generally wake up around 8, give or take ten or fifteen minutes either way.

The first thing I do is open my eyes, realize that I am alive, it is morning, and I thank Him, for getting me safely through the night. Then I thank HIM for safely getting ALL of my family and friends through the night. No phone calls from anyone, so I assume all my kids, grand kids and great grand kids are all OK.

As I slowly drop my legs off the bed, and start sitting up, I ALWAYS think of Joe Gilligan. I met Joe years ago. His wife always drove him, asked him why, and he told me. One morning, he sprang out of bed and jumped up, too fast, and his balance has been whacked ever since. So I always think of Joe, and get up
V   E   R   Y      S   L   O   W   L   Y, thinking of Joe Gilligan.

Now I am up, sitting on the side of the bed. I thank HIM for giving me this day. I ask HIM to  be with me throughout the day, again, to look out for my wife, my family, and to walk beside me during the day.

So far, I have thanked HIM for getting me through the night, and now am asking HIM to be with me during the day.

Now, I slowly stand up, do a little wiggling to make sure everything is working, and take a few, slow, deliberate steps beside the bed, generally holding on, and then, at the end of the bed, I get a good solid hold on the bedpost, turn right, take a step, and then go into my John Wayne walk. I kinda move my right shoulder a little forward, raise my right elbow a little and take those slow, "Howdy Pilgrim" steps, very deliberate, and walk that way to the bathroom.

For some reason, when I walk like John Wayne, all the unsureness in my walk disappears. I walk confidently, just like the Duke did, that gets me to the bathroom, confidently, and all in one piece. The first hurdle of the day is cleared nicely.