Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, July 14, 2010

An Obama Fairy Tale

I saw this on a Google search ...... IF TRUE, why is he not as frugal with our money. I just can't picture their children doing any menial tasks, HE is to arrogant for that .... my guess is the kids do nothing and this article about the dollar allowance was a shallow attempt for us all to see how "adept" he is at  taking care of money, he rules with an "Iron Fist."

"I realize we have servants taking care of our every wish, but I want you guys to work around the MANSION, set the table, do dishes, stuff like that, and if you do, Daddy will give you each a dollar, excuse me a minute, I have a call ........ Hello, pause, OK, if it's GM, give them another billion. OK kids a dollar and not a cent more."

I know my kids would love to hear about this story how the President’s kids, Sasha, 10, and Malia, 7, do chores for money around the ‘house’. Every week he pays his daughter’s just a dollar a week each for their chores, such as setting the table, rinsing dishes, and cleaning up their play area and closets. That seems a bit low to paying your child. I know I would pay my daughter at least $10.


I’m sure being the child of the President has it perks and they get a lot of other things, and if not their parents are teaching them that money isn’t something to be taken for granted. Something that we all should learn from.