Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Ciinderella, how it really ended up .................

  You'll never believe it. My bitchy old step mother who works me like a dog, cleaning, doing dishes, cooking, doing the wash ..... well, somehow, I guess I had a fairy Godmother that I didn't even know about, well she showed up and sez she is gonna see that I get to go to the big dance up at the kings place.
  She gets me this dress, fixes my hair, really cleaned me up good, and then, well you ain't gonna believe what she did next. She took a pumpkin, tapped it with a stick she had and it turned in to a beautiful carriage, and to top that off, she turned some mice into horses. I ended up with grooms, drivers, the whole shebang.
  All the stuff she fixed me up with was really nice, except for the shoes, and they were made out of fine crystal. How can you have a good time trying to dance in Crystall shoes, well, she called them slippers.
  Well, it was time to go. I got into the carriage, and those horses took off. The last thing that she told me as we were driving off, "Be on your way home, by the stroke of midnight. At 12, you lose it all.
  "Why 12?"
  "Don't ask, it's just a good time for it all to end."
  So I went to the ball, ate escargot and shrimp and lobster, great spread, all sorts of fish and chicken and pastry. They even had some black fish egg stuff that the guy serving said was from Russia. I had never heard of Russia so I didn't eat any.
  I was washing all that good stuff down with some bubbly drink they had in fancy glasses, and this really good looking guy comes over and asks me to dance. I said to him, "You look like a Prince."
  He said, "I am."
  Whoa, I was dancin with the Prince himself. He kept askin me to dance and we danced and danced.
  Then I heard the old clock on the wall start striking and I looked at the big clock  and it was going on midnight. Ugg, I remembered what my good Fairy said, gave a quick nod and a goodbye to the Prince, and went running.
  Anyway, I started running for the stairs, the Prince was chasing not too far behind, the damn clock was chiming away, and then half way down the stairs one of those crystal slippers came off, I was going to stop and pick it up, but just decided to keep going.
  Well, right out in front of this place the whole thing went away, the carriage, the horses, the drivers, the grooms, it all just poofed away, so here I am, still in this fancy dress, wearing one damn crystal slipper, and about 5 miles away from home ... Oh, yea, I don't have any money, can one of you guys buy me a drink, I'll give you a glass slipper for one.