Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wimbeldon Tennis, a match for all times

I enjoy tennis, not a huge fan, but prefer tennis to a lot of other shows, but, this thing going on over there now is beyond being just a tennis match. I was on the computer yesterday and saw something about the "marathon match," immediately got in on TV and have been glued since.

I watched it till the end yesterday, and actually woke up early this morning  so I wouldn't miss anything, and now sitting here in from of the TV, just waiting. For what, you ask?

"It all started quietly and without fanfare. Over nearly two days and 10 hours of play, the Wimbledon match between Frenchman Nicolas Mahut and American John Isner has become a record-breaking and fan-captivating battle. And it is not over yet. The longest match in Grand Slam history continues today -- the player's third in a row as they attempt to break their historic 59-59 tie. "

The Queen even showed up today for this event. Everyone is there and the eyes of the world are glued to their sets ready to watch this historic event. Martina, one of my sports heroes,  is there, many of the tennis greats of yesteryear, and I imagine a lot of "celebs" will be there, if they can get in.

I hope the match goes on for a little while. Someone will have to win, but I think that both players will be remembered for this match.

I am watching another match, not really paying attention to it, most of the commentary by the announcers pertains to things they have heard that have or are happening because of the "super" match.

The world is paying attention, I hope you are.

I guess I still have a couple of hour wait for it to begin, will get some more coffee.