Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's all a crock

Watching the news about the oil spill is disheartening. Nothing said about the lack of response, only the comment from the president .."those responsible will .................." Wouldn't it be neat if those investigating would put the blame on him for not responding sooner?

I have talked recently with people from Florida, some good Liberals, who are furious with obama. They are talking more negatively about him than devout Conservatives.

I really don't see the good of placing blame when the event is still happening. Like  trying to convict someone for murder when the victim is still alive. I am sure obama is doing that to try to focus on someone else and remove his name from the list. He will eventually come out of this, I think, looking like a hero. He and his people are good at that sort of thing.

I have talked with many this weekend, some good liberals, who are adamant that he will only be a one term president. I disagree. Those who orchestrate his life are smart. Here is my reasoning.

He could not beat old Hillary.

He could not win the election.

He could not get his health bill passed.

BUT HE DID!

I cannot see where anyone or anything is happening to see that he does not win the next election. Look at the results of the last one ....  he won  or just did ............. what had to be done to get elected. Why not in three years.

I got in some deep discussions, with good Democrats  who predicted his ouster in three years. I told them they were wrong. They mentioned the "oil" thing and other reasons why he would not be elected. I just told them to remember me after the next election.

I'm  sick of it all. We all seemed to agree though that everyone was living with their head up their butt, and seemed to be content that way, and just let the world pass them by.