Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, October 9, 2009

Obama with the Nobel Peace Prize ... the Heisman next

How do I feel about Obama winning that?

I don't know, I guess it doesn't surprise me, he seems to be in control of everything, and if they didn't give it to him, then to whom?

At the mention of the Nobel Peace Prize, I thought of Einstein and Edison, people like that, lofty, inventors, scientists, Mother Theresa types, people in a world I only heard about. Respect and awe for those who received the award ....................... UNTIL TODAY.

The bar has been lowered, actually, it is lying on the ground in my opinion. I would love to know how it all came about ................ the Obama people are better than we ever imagined they could be.

And he won it, not for what he had done, but for what he says, he hopes will do and be. The committee must have been scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with him.

"OK folks, we have to give it to someone, any suggestions?"

I have heard some of the suggestions were: Hugh Hefner, David Letterman (his name was recently taken off, however), Ellen DeGeneres, Oprah Winfrey, Michelle Obama, Brett Favre,
Nancy Pelosi and Vince McMahon. It was a very competitive vote.

Hefner, for his contribution to world piece, Letterman, for his devotion to family, Ellen and Oprah for their contribution to afternoon entertainment, Nancy for integrity, Vince for making mountains out of molehills, Brett for making clear and concise decisions, and Michelle, well, she was nominated by her husband.

Obama has also been nominated for: The Heisman Trophy, an Oscar, for a movie he may write, an EMMY for a TV show he has been thinking of writing, two degrees from Harvard for no reason, other than they have no one else to give them to, and many other awards, he has been thinking about.

Obama was recently overheard saying, "Hey, I see all these guys in uniforms with all them medals and awards and I got nothin but this flag pin, I want MORE, get them people workin on that. I'm off in the aeroplane to somewhere, just geterdone. I want to have some sort of a prize piece when I get back."

A misunderstanding, and he gets the Peace Prize.