Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Looking back ...............

Cloudy and cool in Ohio this morning, and I am sitting here looking out the window at the Fall weather, trying to become Winter.

My thoughts keep going back to my high school days, at Oakwood, in Dayton, and, for some reason back to a Guidance Counselor I had, who tried to steer us in the right direction in choosing our college careers.

In those days, sons often followed in their Fathers footsteps. A "Legacy" was a term used by Medical and Law School, where a son was given a pretty good chance of following in the Father's footsteps, and getting admission to the school, just like his Father had.

My Father was a Doctor, so it was assumed that I would take pre-med, and with any kind of grades at all, enter Medical School at the University of Cincinnati.

With this assumption in mind, my Counselor at Oakwood, and I, often discussed which branch of medicine I would follow. My Father's choice of Obstetrics, or some other field.

I started out in pre-med at The Citadel, in Charleston South Carolina, and was following in the medical footstaps of my Dad. However, I was leaning toward the newly expanding field of Cardiology. I could have been a cardiologist, but my heart just wasn't in it.