Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Keeping abreast of the situation ...........

When, who and how and why did they decide that under most circumstances, men could not see the nipple on a woman's breast. Ninety percent of it can be exposed, but not the red part on the end. Who decided that?

Why not the left half of the whole thing, or the right half, top or bottom. inside or outside. Why just the nipple?

There are nude beaches where the whole thing is exposed. Girlie magazines show everything, but have a star or a circle or some kind of cover, over that sacred nipple. Where did that custom ever start?

Some cultures don't cover anything, some "burlesque" shows exposed all, but had a pasty over that part of the breast.

Did women or men make that original decision? "Oh my God, don't show the nipple." Why was that?

Statues in the park will show men totally unclothed, women, the same, but generally something over the breasts.Do you think that God told Eve she could "bare it all" to Adam, but "keep a leaf or something, over those  nipples." God had infinite wisdom, but what was the rationale behind that decision?

What got me on that subject, I was waiting for my wife getting some tests done at the hospital and I was in their "Education" room. Nice and quiet, nice furniture, carpeted, quiet, great coffee, and I was sitting in this nice, quiet atmosphere, and on the shelf was a cross section of a breast, but I couldn't see the nipple because a book was in front of it.

I enjoy sitting in that room, great "People watching" place, windows, but secluded, I can watch everyone going and coming in the hospital. At my age, all my friends are either in the hospital or visiting someone, so I see a lot of old friends, but they don't see me, I like it that way.