Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Saturday, April 16, 2011

A message from Joe ...............

Joe Conforte is on my Facebook now. I sent this to him the other day .............. For those who don't know who he is, Google his name. He is a big part of Nevada history. I knew of him, dealt craps to him on a number of occasions, and have sat and talked with him also. He is presently in "exile" in Brasil. There have been a number of TV Specials on him.


Joe, dealt craps to you a few times at the Primm, and talked with you a few times also at the Nugget in Sparks when you were doing some transactions. I remember the Cordovan colored Lincoln, brautiful. Remember a "bodyguard" that used to play 21 at the Nevada Club, cried when he lost. Good to know you are still around. I have a blog on Nevada, always get hits when your name comes up. I remember the "good old days."

I got a reply from him, thought some might be interested to know what he said ...............

Joe, I always like to read about Nevada and especially those days, why don't you put up the link to your blog, that way everybody can see it. I remember that Lincoln -- here in Rio I have a black Chrysler 300 sedan -- and as for the bodyguard who cried . . . I never knew that! What years was that?

Glad to hear from him, brings back a lot of good old Nevada Memories .....