Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lifting Spirits

I was just informed, by my wife, that Jay Leno is going to be in Wilmington, Ohio. I asked WHY? He is going to "lift peoples spirits."

I guess after you have been on TV all those years, and made all those MILLIONS, you take on a God-like attitude. I wonder if it hit him all at once, "I am going to Wilmington, Ohio and lift their spirits." I wonder which of the cars in my collection I should drive, which one would they like to see? Maybe the yellow one, remind them of how it used to be, before DHL left.

I guess it's a nice gesture. I wonder if the venue is large enough to hold everyone in the town, and do you have to be a resident, or laid off employee to see him, or can people who live in other "economically devastated cities" get in also.

I don't know who conceived the idea of DHL. Who came up with the grand idea, "Let's compete with FedEx and UPS ..... and, don't forget, THE POST OFFICE. Why not, "Let's start a hamburger chain and compete with McDonalds, or better yet, let's compete with WALMART."

Why not start another religion, and compete with Christianity.

I predicted its demise when I saw their first truck.

UPS, and FedEx, probably could infuse their systems into our government, and run the government much more economically and efficiently than "they" are going now. When they can tell you ..... "It's in your driveway now, looks like your son signed for it," when they are working with millions or billions of packages, all over the world, with thousands of employees, THEY know what they are doing.

WalMart, has a computer system, second only, to the Pentagon, and I imagine FedEx and UPS are not far behind. Someone thinks they can start, catch up and compete, no way.

I wonder how many trucks DHL sold, or did they just give one to each employee as severance. If they did that, Jay had better have his shades on when he drives his, well, whichever one he chooses from his collection, car, into Wilmington. And, I think the Bengals train there, I think they used to anyway ...... near, where professional football actually started, but that's another story.