Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, June 25, 2012

Melissa Reid

It doesn't matter who wins this week on the PGA Tour, the best story in golf came from the Ladies European Tour. Scratch that. The best story in golf this year came from the Ladies European Tour.

If you don't know who Melissa Reid is, do yourself a favor and Google her. Just 24 years old, a three-time winner on the Ladies European Tour, and a member of Europe's victorious Solheim Cup team in 2011, Reid's been billed as England's next big thing.

Everything seemed to be going according to plan until four weeks ago, when Reid's mother, Joy, died in a tragic car accident in Germany. Everyone would have understood if Reid stepped away from the game for an extended period of time, but after taking a month off, she returned to the course at the Raiffeisenbank Prague Golf Masters and won by a shot with a 6-foot par putt on the final hole.

"To be honest I wasn't that nervous. I think with something like what's happened to my family and me the last four weeks nothing really seems that difficult anymore," said Reid, who finished at 9-under for the tournament. "I spoke to my coach when I went back a couple of weeks after and he said to me, 'I don't know when it's going to be, but this will make you a stronger person,' and my best friends have said that as well and I honestly think it will.

"It will make me fight and nothing will seem as bad as what I've been through, so yeah, I actually felt very calm and I knew I was going to hole the putt on 18."