Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Table under the window, next to my chair

It's morning, nice and quiet, "Easy Listening" music coming out of the TV, my U.S. Navy coffee cup nearby, working on my second cup, glancing occasionally at the table next to my chair. I have a lifetime of memories on the table, that my Dad make. He made it with a glass top, and a drawer under that, so you see everything in the drawer, that he made near the top.

All the "treasurers" should be in the drawer  they don't collect dust, but I have they on top where they are readily visible for me to glance at.

A small photograph of my Mom and Dad, it was one of Mom's favorites, next to that, a photo of my Brother, Dean Shannon Dooley. We were about twelve years apart, so we were never really close fiends, he was always many steps ahead of me. He has always been my "hero" though.

A number of birthday cards, an old tintype of Caleb Dooley, my Grandfather, some things from Brad and Bernie, some things from Melissa, my daughter, a small wood carving from the 40's, purchased in Canada on a trip there, some souvenirs of my Dad and Caleb medals and things.

Also a pair of dice from the Nevada Club, along with a $5 chip from there, could be one that I handled back in the 50's.

My bottle of Dr. Franks, I use it a few times a day, seems to work on my arthritis, and under that bottle my magnets. When I get an ache or a sore spot, I use a magnet, and it goes away in a short time. Hey, it works for me, and there are many people who I suggested those remedy's to, and they have often thanked me.

My Mom always referred to things like those as her "treasures" and  these certainly are to me.

In a brief glance I can go from the Civil war, to today, and all that happened in between.

Quiet time, so much "noise" in the world, nice to spend some "quiet" time, with t table full of memories.