Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Thursday, June 23, 2011

A once in a lifetime, happened to me ............

Went to Dayton, Ohio, my old hometown, to attend the funeral of a friends Mother.

We went to the funeral home, visited, chatted and talked with some of the people there. The Schedule, a car procession was going from the funeral home to a church. As it turned out, we were the last car in the procession of about twenty-five cars.

We are last in the procession, trying to keep caught up, headlights and flashers on, with a little flag on the top of our van.

We heard a distant siren, I looked in the mirror, and coming up on our procession pretty fast, was an emergency squad.

WHAT TO DO. There were a few cars on the right of me, they weren't pulling over. I couldn't go faster, all those cars in front of me.If I did pull over, the first cars in the procession would not know what was going on for a  little while, they would keep going, I would be lost and did not know how to get to the church.

So, I just kept on going, the squad passed me on my left ..... we kept going, looked in the rear view mirror, coming fast was a fire truck. Fortunately, the cars to our left, going in the opposite way, pulled to the curb, out of respect, that left a lane for the emergency vehicles to get through.

Gave me a "start" for a little while, not sure what the law would be on that.