Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wait till November ..... more

I thought of an incident that happened many years ago, that I think relates to the Republican Party of today and their "wait till November" attitude. I personally don't see that they are doing anything that will in any way affect or alter any of the outcomes in November.

I worked in an employment office in the mid 60's.

One morning a young couple entered the office. He filled out an application, and when he completed it, our receptionist brought him back to my office (cubicle).

Our policy was to go over the application during the interview, keep the applicant from talking, and pick out "sizzle" and mark it in red. The sizzle was perhaps something that the applicant had done, out of the ordinary, that perhaps others in his same situation had not done. Object, to make him more appealing when trying to "sell" him to a prospective employer, to get an interview.

All during the interview the applicant wants to talk, to tell me how great he is, and sell himself, to me. But our training is geared to keeping the applicant quiet, till the interview is over ..... and then ..... I lean back in my chair, perhaps light a cigaarette, and say to him, "Now, what do you REALLY want to do?"

Finally, their opportunity to talk.

"I want to apply for that Draftsman job you had in the Advocate last night."

"Are you a Draftsman?"

"No."

"Have you ever worked as a Draftsman, taken any schooling on drafting, Drafting in high school, anything?"

"No, my wife thought it would be a good job for me."

He neglected to lay the foundation and be prepared for his future, and his wife failed to recognize that. He probably told himself, "Wait till I am a Draftsman," or, as the Republicans or Conservatives say, "Wait till November."

The loss in Florida yesterday, "Oh that was a predominately Democratic area."

Then why did he run, and moreover, why did he think he could win, who told him he could? I am sure they asked for support money to insure his victory.

The only positive I know, wait till November, we will celebrate Thanksgiving.