Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Tuesday, July 1, 2008

How did they live before cell phones?

I'm getting paranoid. EVERYONE, except me, drives and talks on their cell phone. Why is this? What did they do before cell phones? One right after the other today, busy intersection, making those left turns and talking on their phones.

I think that while in the office, too much is going on to make calls. In the car, nice and quiet, you remember people to call and chat with. I've had a couple of close calls with people on phones, not paying attention, driving with one hand, too many close calls.

And why is it too, that handicapped people have such nice cars? I can't help but notice when we go in to a store, the handicapped parking is nothing but luxury cars. Do they have the money to buy their way in to a hangy thing, or did they become handicapped, sue someone, and buy luxury cars.

There are rarely any "clunkers" in those spots. Even at Walmart, which, in general, does not get the richest clientele, has nice luxury cars in the old handicapped spots. Maybe they just have money and know the right people. I applied for one after my operation, they turned me down.

My car was not nice enough.