Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Friday, March 7, 2014

Read this and just go and DO IT!

I admittedly, was "rotten" staying in touch with my Mom and Dad when I went away to school, and then in to the Navy, really, from 1950 on, until I moved back here in the mid 60's, I communicated very little with them.

"What goes around, comes around."

My Daughter called the other evening, out of the blue, the highlight of my week or two. Son Brad calls once in a while, Daughter Melissa lives here in town and calls often, and drops over.

I often wish we had not advanced, transportation wise, to the point we have. I would love to have all my family "nearby."

Think of all the time we miss being together, all those holidays, those Christmas mornings, those Thanksgivings, picnics in the Summer, we miss out on a lot.

So, do the best you can, go visit, at least give them, or someone, a telephone call. I know what they do for me. Say hello while you can, and be sure to tell them you love them. Melissa, my daughter, never leaves here, or hangs up on the phone, with an "I Love You." Just "Three Little Words," but each one means so much when she tells me.