Thomas Jefferson said in 1802: "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."-- Thomas Jefferson

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout." .... jbd

"When once a job you have begun, do no stop till it is done. Whether the task be great or small, do it well, or not at all." .... Anon

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

Television is one daylong commercial interrupted periodically by inept attempts to fill the airspace in between them.

If you can't start a fire, perhaps your wood is wet ....

When you elect clowns, expect a circus ..............




Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday Morning .......

Good Monday Morning to all .... no more snow in our part of Ohio, the sun is out, cold, but otherwise, not too bad. Nothing like we were anticipating. All those weathermen, all that money, and they are still batting about the same percentage, they just help the supermarkets deplete their inventory.

I missed the Oscars last night, again, watching that show is akin to going to my wife's bowling banquet. I don't really know anyone and they are all telling "inside" jokes and stories, so I think this is my fifty third time to miss them.

Just think how we are "entertained" ...... by millionaires and people with enormous amounts of money. They are all paid enormous sums to .......... entertain us and keep us glued to a tv set while they are saturating us with ............ COMMERCIALS. Selling products. Television is the winner in every event we watch. Last night was a television show, a few hours of air time, and, I imagine, a plethora of commercials. We should be pleased, in almost every instance, we are entertained, by, Millionaires. Football players, athletes, actors, actresses, TV hosts, late night hosts, ALL millionaires. I doubt that our local news folks are that rich, yet.

A record breaker last night, a group photo, retweeted well over a million times. Ellen had it taken at the Oscars last night, Tweeted out, and Retweeted sooooooo many times. Added somewhat of a personal note to the proceedings, over a million people were instantly aa part of it.

The INTERNET is unable to be comprehended by me. I keep looking for a gigantic "building in the sky" where it is all originated. Where all that money goes for "URL'S" .... and a DOMAIN NAME .... who and where does all that money go. Who is in charge of Domain Names? .I never figured that out, but "sombody got a whole lotta money." And, for doing nothing.

I was there, somewhat in its infancy, understood nothing then, and still don't. But is has become a way of life for almost all of us. I remember, years ago, looking up "names" for sale, like NFL, ABC, all for sale, and many, many others ..... I didn't see their value then. I had 20 some domain names, let them all go. I even had joedooley.com .... got tired of  paying on it, an ego trip .............